[By Farahain Mutalib]
Say Cheese! That’s right, folks! The ultimate guilty pleasure for this week is indeed…cheese. If I were to have my one sensational cheat day, I’ll need some cheesy goodness on my menu.
So, after a long dragging day, I needed some comfort food as a source of assurance that life is going to get better. I saw some bread on my kitchen counter and took some slices of cheese from the fridge. I’m pretty sure most of us will just opt for a simple cheese sandwich, but why go plain when you can zest it up and make something scrumptious with the same ingredients? A crispy cheese roll with melted gooey cheese filling that will wow your taste buds and yes, make you feel that everything is going to get better.
Now here are a few simple steps to make this delicious snack. Good luck!
What you need :
Cheese slices (you can opt for mozzarella too if you want)
Pepper / chilli flakes / dried olives (This is optional, if you want something a little different in your cheese rolls. You can even add in vegetables like spinach if you want to.)
- Take a rolling pin and roll it over you bread until it’s thin enough. If you don’t like it too thin then just roll it about twice, but remember, the thinner the bread, the crispier it gets.
- Cut the crust of your bread.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the bread and add some additional filling according to your preference.
- Now roll the bread neatly and tightly.
- Heat your frying pan and melt some butter.
- Cook the rolls until they are brown and crispy. Garnish with a little parsley and voila! Enjoy the cheesy goodness!